ETHRA is delighted to announce the publication of our report for the huge ETHRA EU Nicotine Users Survey
Access the full report in English, here. Access the Executive Summary, here
Access the full report in French, here. Access the Executive Summary, here
Access the full report in German, here. Access the Executive Summary, here
Press release in French, here
Press release in English, here (and below)
Press release: EU NICOTINE USERS SURVEY 2020 REPORT: THE RISE OF HARM REDUCTION
European Tobacco Harm Reduction Advocates (ETHRA) today publishes the report on its huge EU Nicotine Users Survey. The results - from more than 35,000 EU respondents - confirm that there is an unstoppable movement towards harm reduction in Europe.
Launched online by ETHRA in the last quarter of 2020, the questionnaire addressed consumer use of nicotine products. Topics included smoking and the desire to quit, use of safer nicotine products and barriers to switching caused by European and national regulations. Over 37,000 people, including more than 35,000 EU residents, participated in the ETHRA survey. ETHRA has now processed the data and today we publish our analysis in a report, which opens with a summary of 10 key facts. The data sets and comments for individual EU countries will be made available on the ETHRA site at a later date.
ETHRA’s monthly roundup of news, from a very busy month. Headline news - publication of the TPD implementation report - the Dutch caretaker government rams through a vaping flavour ban - WHO announces that COP9 will be online - EU tax consultation ending soon - UK’s Royal College of Physicians’ new report seeks to further integrate vaping into UK health policy. Read on for more about those and much more.
On 29 April, the Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks (SCHEER) published its Final Opinion on e-cigarettes. The Preliminary Opinion, published in September 2020, had attracted significant criticism and 691 submissions to the public consultation. We hoped that the SCHEER committee had listened, and that the final Opinion would take our submissions into account, but we find ourselves greatly disappointed!
ETHRA’s monthly round up of news. The main event is the publication of the long awaited SCHEER Final Opinion. A close second is the urgent need for consumers to respond to the tax consultation, which is still open. Read on for more about those and other news too.
- URGENT CALL TO ACTION FOR EU TAX CONSULTATION
- ETHRA March news roundup
- Eurobarometer: Attitudes of Europeans towards tobacco and electronic cigarettes
- ETHRA February news roundup
- Europe's Beating Cancer plan fails smokers
- ETHRA January news roundup
- Urgent Call to Action for Flavour ban
- Seasons Greetings, calls to action, news round up and 2021
- Special Committee on Beating Cancer hearing on prevention
- Spain SOS
- Anti vaping MEP Michèle Rivasi heads “informal” TPD working group
- ETHRA launches major survey on nicotine use in Europe
- Have a heart
- Happy Birthday ETHRA!
- 75% of French people do not know that vaping is less harmful than smoking
- Neutral packaging for safer nicotine products will cause more smoking
- Europe's Beating Cancer Plan Town Hall
- Anti-THR measures in Denmark - our letter
- Proposed flavour ban in the Netherlands - letter
- Smoking and pregnancy: should we really discourage vaping, at the risk of smoking?