ETHRA’s monthly roundup of news: The European Commission wants to hear from you - Secretive WHO meetings revealed - Advocates celebrate World Vape Day - WHO updates its post-truth fact sheet on e-cigarettes - GFN Fives return - Country updates. Read on for more.
Last Friday, 20 May, the European Commission launched a call for evidence to evaluate the legislative framework for tobacco control, which will include the Tobacco Products Directive and the Tobacco Advertising Directive. The evaluation will assess if current tobacco control legislation has achieved its objectives and how it can support future commitments, namely a “Tobacco-Free Generation” by 2040, as set out in Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan. ETHRA's contribution to the call for evidence can be found on the EU consultation page, and on the submissions section of our website.
ETHRA’s monthly roundup of news: Czech vow to support harm reduction - How safe is your vape? - COP out - Irish vapers say no to bans - Political support for flavours in Sweden - NNA discusses TRPR - Studies say THR works. Read on for more.
ETHRA’s monthly roundup of news: Scandinavian plans to ban - Dutch delay on flavour restrictions - Positives for nicotine pouches - Vape tax rollback - NNA letters & recommendations - ETHRA contributes to BECA - Good news about smoking is bad news for anti-smoking groups - Flawed science challenged. Read on for more.
- ETHRA February news roundup
- EU recognises tobacco harm reduction with the adoption of the BECA report
- ETHRA attends European Commission meeting on new tobacco and nicotine products in tobacco control policies
- ETHRA January news roundup
- ETHRA December news roundup
- Tobacco Excise Directive Revision: What is it and how could it affect users of safer nicotine products
- BECA report adopted - Positives for THR overshadowed by the threat of a flavour ban
- ETHRA November news roundup
- The preservation of flavours is essential - ETHRA letter to BECA
- BECA draft report: second consideration of amendments
- ETHRA October news roundup
- ETHRA and partners write to the delegations of the European Parties to FCTC COP9
- ETHRA September news roundup
- Lithuania flavour ban - TRIS notification
- ETHRA August news roundup
- ETHRA July news roundup
- MEP support for harm reduction during presentation BECA Draft report
- The European Parliament’s role in Europe's Beating Cancer Plan
- Report on the application of the TPD
- ETHRA June news roundup