ETHRA’s monthly roundup of news: Czech vow to support harm reduction - How safe is your vape? - COP out - Irish vapers say no to bans - Political support for flavours in Sweden - NNA discusses TRPR - Studies say THR works. Read on for more.
ETHRA’s monthly roundup of news: Scandinavian plans to ban - Dutch delay on flavour restrictions - Positives for nicotine pouches - Vape tax rollback - NNA letters & recommendations - ETHRA contributes to BECA - Good news about smoking is bad news for anti-smoking groups - Flawed science challenged. Read on for more.
ETHRA’s monthly roundup of news: European Parliament adopts BECA report - Javed Khan wants to hear from you! - Consultation opens in Scotland - DG SANTE meet THR advocates - Survey findings published. Read on for more.
On Wednesday 16 February 2022, the European Parliament voted to adopt the final report of the Special Committee on Beating Cancer (BECA). The report makes a range of recommendations to strengthen Europe’s fight against cancer and is structured around 4 main areas: prevention, screening, equitable access to care, and patient support. The vote followed a plenary debate where the full European Parliament debated the report and tabled amendments. The report was adopted by an overwhelming majority of 652 in favour, 15 against and 27 abstentions (see page 2).
Read more: EU recognises tobacco harm reduction with the adoption of the BECA report
- ETHRA attends European Commission meeting on new tobacco and nicotine products in tobacco control policies
- ETHRA January news roundup
- ETHRA December news roundup
- Tobacco Excise Directive Revision: What is it and how could it affect users of safer nicotine products
- BECA report adopted - Positives for THR overshadowed by the threat of a flavour ban
- ETHRA November news roundup
- The preservation of flavours is essential - ETHRA letter to BECA
- BECA draft report: second consideration of amendments
- ETHRA October news roundup
- ETHRA and partners write to the delegations of the European Parties to FCTC COP9
- ETHRA September news roundup
- Lithuania flavour ban - TRIS notification
- ETHRA August news roundup
- ETHRA July news roundup
- MEP support for harm reduction during presentation BECA Draft report
- The European Parliament’s role in Europe's Beating Cancer Plan
- Report on the application of the TPD
- ETHRA June news roundup
- ETHRA EU NICOTINE USERS SURVEY REPORT
- ETHRA May news roundup